[LIST] Minor ideas thread

Ideas for cool stuff in the future.
User avatar
tangar
Posts: 1651
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [LIST] Minor ideas thread

Post by tangar »

Auto-take gold when find it in pile

When I destory items at pile and find gold behind - it would be nice to auto-pickup it.
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz
User avatar
tangar
Posts: 1651
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [LIST] Minor ideas thread

Post by tangar »

Charisma rings

There are no +charisma rings atm (only arts).. But actually its quite logical to has such rings by Tolkien lore :)

Maybe CHA/WIS rings?
Last edited by tangar on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz
User avatar
tangar
Posts: 1651
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [LIST] Minor ideas thread

Post by tangar »

Earthquakes and experience

Earthquake is quite beautiful and interesting spell, but it doesn't have much use cause you don't get any exp for it. Its ok do not give exp for Genocide or Obliteration, but earthquake magic could be also dangerous for caster so I suppose it would be fair to give at least some % of exp from killed mobs to caster, for example 20%.

It would be great to make this kind of magic more popular.
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz
User avatar
tangar
Posts: 1651
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [LIST] Minor ideas thread

Post by tangar »

Hungry status

Sometimes it hard to notice when your char become hungry, especially for beginners.

Maybe add yellow blinking at @ when you hungy? For example, when you just become hungry it could flicker once per a 3 seconds, but as more hungry you become flickering could be more often.
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz
User avatar
tokariew
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 8:20 pm
Location: Poland

Re: [LIST] Minor ideas thread

Post by tokariew »

yellow is bad, palladins won't see :D If you in town and you are weak you will autodisconnect with server, to prevent you from dying. In other situation you get paralyzed, so you will notice Maybe not in the right moment :twisted:
Now you can hardly die of hunger. some years ago you start being hungry in towns, no disconnect feature, so you could die just by chatting/resting/doing nothing
With Earthquake you can prepare fastly area for harder mobs to fight, without digging, zigzaging, etc… You fastly create anti-casting area, by being out of sight. With some luck, maybe monster will have hard time to breath at you.
img {
max-width: 100%;
}
https://tokariew.xyz
Repne
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Re: [LIST] Minor ideas thread

Post by Repne »

I think shields must reflect (with some chance) magic to caster. Or reflects to enemy some of his physical skills.
User avatar
tangar
Posts: 1651
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [LIST] Minor ideas thread

Post by tangar »

Some small ideas which I /rfed, just to remember, so I wouldn't /rfe them again:

- nerf earth magic for dru
- nefr to 3/4 damage magic ammunition
- make spin technique 2x more radius
- make barrage moar damage (useless skill atm)
- give esp undead to vamps
Last edited by tangar on Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz
User avatar
tangar
Posts: 1651
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [LIST] Minor ideas thread

Post by tangar »

Also some bigger ideas (already in /rfe):

- add new movement mode to any class - silent walk... It gives some bonus to stealth but dramatically reduce speed (-20 for example)
- new class idea - berserk. very storng but with intrinsic aggro. Could wield two twohanded weapons
- convert normal houses to storage ones for 5kk (to remove exceed gold from the game -> reduce inflation)
- add another "life-saving" possibility - to fall down to next lvl(s). It could be like Probability travel magic, but more dangerous (so it woudln't be too imba). For example, scrolls of deep descent? Lets it _could_ get you deeper - when you use it, you come random depth (up to -500 for example).
- new macro: drop last taken item. wrote about it before, just wanna give some more attention cause it would safe loads of keyboard pushing and would make playing much more comfortable :)

// For some of this ideas I created separate topics cause they are important to discuss imho.
Last edited by tangar on Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz
User avatar
tangar
Posts: 1651
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [LIST] Minor ideas thread

Post by tangar »

Food
- nerf scroll of satisfy hunger. lets they last less time (eat air.. its nice, but its too good atm) and make common food last longer
- give "buy food and drink" in Bree tavern temporary buff to HP (+5 for 30 minutes). It wouldn't ruin balance, but would make Bree more "alive" :)

Alcohol
- lets pint of wine heal 2d6 hit points (so it would be pre-light wounds potion-like item), but would cause some side effects
- lets alcohol would be a possibility to cure sanity! Right now it could damage it for 1 point. Lets make like this: there is 40% chance that alchohol would damage your sanity to 1 point and 60% that it would heal sanity at 1 point. The problem there (to make it not imba) - you can change your sanity only with first bottle, so while you already drunk - further drinking wouldn't change your sanity state - you need to sober first. So it would be possibility to heal sanity for new players :) Useful in IDDC too hehe
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz
User avatar
tangar
Posts: 1651
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [LIST] Minor ideas thread

Post by tangar »

Give 2 and 3 some job

Armourer and weaponer in Bree could work on equipment enhancing (till +10). Of course there are scrolls of enhancement in 5, but its the most crowded shop, so it would be fun to move some players from 5 to 2 and 3.

if its hard to create such service, may be its possible just put there scrolls of equip. enhancement? Its the most popular scrolls for new players
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz
Post Reply