TomeNET skill builder v2.0

Discussion about topics that don't fit elsewhere.
the_sandman
Developer

Re: TomeNET skill builder v2.0

Post by the_sandman »

Updated!

New stealth mods are in
Runemastery update
New bonus summary from magic schools and combat skills. At the moment these are the announced bonus if you actually do it in game (usually in green text).
Bonus mods/initial values are highlighted in light green, penalty to mods/initial values are shown in light orange.

It's a compromise between have the whole player structure javascriptized and just the major bonuses. Finer detail is possible in the future, though, such as the amount of speed bonus from sneakiness, etc..
Jarjar0x2a

Post by Jarjar0x2a »

The health skill isn't listed for rangers
opl

Post by opl »

The skill/boni list on the right side doesn't move with the slider, when used/got enough skills/boni the information given is limited with the screen size.

Apart from that, great job!
the_sandman
Developer

Post by the_sandman »

Jarjar0x2a wrote:The health skill isn't listed for rangers
Fixed

opl wrote:The skill/boni list on the right side doesn't move with the slider, when used/got enough skills/boni the information given is limited with the screen size.

Apart from that, great job!
I added a height constraint and a vertical scrollbar should appear when necessary.

Also removed interception and AM from Istari's skill tree.
the_sandman
Developer

Post by the_sandman »

Been a while. Some updates:

Added URL hash so you can own the hard links of your builds. You can share it around, too. Here's my ultimate support adventurer build: http://tomenet.ielf.org/skill_builder.p ... -6-34-1-57

Also fixed a few in-game-reported bugs concerning some combinations.
Raxxster

Post by Raxxster »

There's a bit of problem refreshing skill builder page.

First of all, it completely messes up browser history and you end up with dozens or hundreds (even thousands) of skill-builder links. Secondly, it's slow as hell even with chrome or chromium.

Instead of javascript refresh function it would be better to just refresh one div. It can be accomplished using jquery or ajax.

I believe that a hard link like http://tomenet.ielf.org/skill_builder.p ... 2-18-40-18 shouldn't be the url that you browse at but instead as a seperate link at the top of page. It could be automaticly reloaded when buttons are pressed.
the_sandman
Developer

Post by the_sandman »

Raxxster wrote:jquery or ajax.

Patches are welcomed :p

Also, there's no server side to this at all, just pure client side scripting. I suppose I can make it refresh a textfield instead of the address bar and people can paste/copy the hash there...

>_>
wilroz

Post by wilroz »

I believe this awesome skill builder needs an update now that the new runemastery stuff is live.
Ding

Post by Ding »

Hello,

Maxing Martial Arts doesn't show fly in 'Martial Arts bonus(es):'.

-Ding
Goobernut

Post by Goobernut »

It would be really cool if we could change the constants for race/class and see what a different multiplier would do to the skills. I have a character that is pretty old, and his multipliers are a little bit different than the most recent multipliers.