Surrounded by Monsters?

Bug reports and discussion about bugs.
Zeliwin

Surrounded by Monsters?

Post by Zeliwin »

Hey,

I've noticed Powerwyrm talk about this some in chat. I also have some of my own experiences.

Today, I got surrounded by Hounds of Thondidusskdasdasd (No Idea how to spell it, hounds that goes through walls). I tried to phase door several times to no avail, just wasn't working. But I noticed it was eating up my turns, since I wasn't retaliating at all. Obviously I died.

It happened to me again when fighting Urk, I got completely surrounded when I used a "+" teleport. I couldn't go back through, tried several times, eventually had to phase door. I was not moved from the "+" I was still on top of it.
With my high level archer, on MANY occasions, when I am spontaneously summoned on, I've had instances of my healings and teleportation's not working. I would spam my teleport, and heals etc to no avail and literally watch myself die until summoned back into town just to see my character teleport after death.

Their seems to be something going on that is overwriting commands from characters when they are completely surrounded. Perhaps and overload of some kind is snuffing out our commands? I don't know, I'm not technical but I am seeing a pattern here with my characters getting surrounded by enemies and my marco's not working properly.
It's happened to my Archer many times when spontaneously summoned on. As you can imagine this is causing problems resulting in deaths!
tangar

Re: Surrounded by Monsters?

Post by tangar »

check your game log (save it after death). it could be num/caps lock, unfocused game window ('windows' key), your scrolls could be destroyed by water or fire, you could had been stunned - a lot of options why it didn't work. in 99% cases - its your fault, not a bug :) such critical bugs a pretty rare, I didn't meet any for a long time.
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz
PowerWyrm

Re: Surrounded by Monsters?

Post by PowerWyrm »

Usually it's simply the autoretaliator using up your turns... or the monsters being faster than your character, so the commands you issue come up too late. But yeah I've seen staves of teleport not responding when in melee range. Note that I've never seen scrolls fail in the same case, so your phases should have worked. Concerning jump voidgates, that's not a bug: monsters can intercept your attempt to use a void jumpgate the same way they can intercept shooting.