Unwraithing on Trees/Mounatins/# in town.

Bug reports and discussion about bugs.
Cornelius

Unwraithing on Trees/Mounatins/# in town.

Post by Cornelius »

With the new warning added for going AFK while wraithed, could you allow wraithform to be turned off while on trees, mountains, and walls in towns? I'm constantly getting the warning 2 or 3 times in a row because I switch off wraithform while on a tree or even switch off wraithform, step on to ., then step on not realizing the delay has caused me to still be wraithed.

If not, could you explain the benefit of not having wraith turn off on these map features in town? It seems somewhat dangerous to me. I'm constantly running in to mobs in khaz and getting blocked on mountains unable to retaliate.

Thanks
-Cornelius
Sav

Re: Unwraithing on Trees/Mounatins/# in town.

Post by Sav »

Wow, amazing noone, including myself, replied here yet.

The feature itself is quite old. It was once upon a time, where all magic used was limited to sorcery... or close to. Mages everywhere had project turned on and kept wraithing unknowing / lowlevel players in town. They would fly through trees for a few seconds and then get unwraithed, unable to get out or get to safety, not entirely sure why and what had happened.

Right now the feature seems somewhat outdated. Everyone can pass trees in Bree, even without flying.

For other towns I considered the no unwraith feature a bit silly, till people like myself walled / treed entire towns for fun, artistic expressions and cool roller coasters. Since that is no longer possible, the feature seems outdated here as well.

However, when wraithing through Bree myself, I kind of like the wraith thingy not turning off.

I think it would be nice to unwraith in higher level towns automatically, or maybe disable the feature completely so that it'll be the same as in dungeons. But then again, everyone who uses wraith, notices / knows about this feature, so uuhm...

(you could disable auto afk; instead of auto afking, you'd be kicked from the server to prevent starvation; in towns you don't consume food anyway, so it makes no difference there)