Post your Builds

Ideas for cool stuff in the future.
Unmouseable

Post your Builds

Post by Unmouseable »

I decided to start a thread to ask people to post builds they have fun playing, to give new players an idea of what builds are fun and work, and older players some new ideas.

Reaper (Adventurer)

This is a class i really enjoy playing and, is the only one i have defeated Sauron and Morgoth with.
It starts off a little slow, but is still easier than a shaman in my opinion and, gets incredibly powerful mid to end game.
The one drawback starting off is that Adventurers need to have high intelligence and wisdom for spellpoints.

Early on grab the novice ranger form and a good bow (he gives you an extra shot per turn) and use the darkness runecraft spells if monsters get too close.

I recommend getting Lich forms, as soon as fireflash turns into holy fire they are easy to hunt and, you will also see a lot of L pits in the paths of the dead.
Later on get the Lesser Black reaver and, Black Reaver for kill wall and nether resistance. Nether Wraiths are great for passwall, also if you have them and a reaver your nether resistance is covered.

On to the build, i wanted to play an evil shapechanging caster, but after looking at Shaman i realized as a corrupted shaman i would have no access to runes of protection.
So i came up with a Fire casting, Dark rune using adventurer. This combo actually works incredibly well, most Shamans have a problem with Good monsters, or natural Fire immune creatures.

This is were darkness runes work really well (not to mention Runes are Awesome), pretty much the only creatures that resist darkness are evil, and get destroyed by Fireflash. Runes also give you access to (Glyph (*) | 25 | Set or retrieve a damaging glyph of warding.)

If you want, darkness can be replaced with Nether with almost the same results. I took 5 in conveyance for disarm just because there are so many traps, and it makes the game and clearing vaults go a lot smoother.

Finally Traumaturgy, and Necromancy. I just really like these skills, and it fits with the whole evil theme. I took Mimic to 37 so i could get the Black Reaper form, which i killed Morgoth with.

This build requires you to start as a Maiar and choose to be corrupted due to the Bonuses to skills.

Skill builder at level 50

Skill Spent Total

Skill_Mimic [93] [37.2]

Skill_Necromancy [13] [36]

Skill_Traumaturgy [25] [50]

Skill_Conveyance [5] [5.525]

Skill_Fire [50] [50]

Skill_Rune_Dark [59] [50]

Available spells (spell level):
Power Bolt (1)
Phase Door (4)
Disarm (1)
Globe of Light (50)
Fireflash (42)
Fiery Shield (36)
Firewall (32)

Pros:
At level 50 fire and one other immunity from form.
Spells to deal with almost anything
Passwall, and killwall (walk through walls)
Way more forms to mimic than shaman, including undead
Runecrafting
Glyphs of warding from runecrafting school
Nice HP, over 1200 HP at 50 in black reaver form (after 50 raise mimicry to 40 for Greater Balrog form, or put less points in necromancy to get it to 40. my level 53 has over 1500 without +life items)
Good with magic devices

Cons:
No resistance spell (not that bad if you can get the last 3 immunities from gear you are set)
No detection spells (again not bad, you can use detection rods, and enlightenment of simplicity, or istari)
Really slow levelling

If you want to try something a little different i highly recommend it. :)
Unmouseable

Re: Post your Builds

Post by Unmouseable »

Waylander

This is a build i really like a lot, i wanted to build a crossbow using assassin based on the character Dakeyras from the David Gemmell book Waylander. David Gemmell is a really entertaining author, if you have not read his books i recommend checking them out, his heroic fantasy is really amazing, Legend is one of my favorite fantasy stories.

Dakeyras, also known as Waylander and as the Grey Man was an assassin. Waylander's crossbow was his signature weapon. Specially made to his exacting requirements and standards in the land of Ventria, the bow was small, pistol-gripped and double-winged, allowing two bolts to be fired in quick succession. So pretty much a good ego Crossbow in Tomenet, originally i was going to make a human Rogue but Gnomes crossbow bonus is too good to pass up.

There are a couple of ways to build this, the first takes crossbow, calmness and, trapping. The other would be Crossbow, Calmness and Magic Device. I am currently playing the trapping version but Gnomes are awesome with magic devices so that will work great too.

On to the Build

Waylander:

Skill_Xbow 128 points spent.
Total 50

Skill_Calmness 63 points Spent
Total 50

Skill_Trapping 49 points spent
Total 50

(Trapping can be replaced with Magic Device If you want, you will lose Conveyance points though)

Skill_Conveyance 3 points spent
Total 3

Available spells (spell level):
Phase Door (1)

Pros:
Amazing damage, throw on a crit ring and everything dies really fast including reflecting monsters.
Feels like an assassin not much has a chance to act before it dies
traps are lots of fun
Magic Devices are also lots of fun, at maxed level you always have haste and restoration, healing, detection and enlightenment.
Choose where and when to fight with cloaking

Cons:
Low HP, not a huge deal get a +3 life weapon or 2 +1 ones
Calmness takes a while to work well, early levels can be tough
Last edited by Unmouseable on Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unmouseable

Post by Unmouseable »

Adventurer-Mimic-Archer

This is a great build if you want to play a mimic bow user. I chose adventurer because Mimics have really bad bow skill costs.
As a mimic form user you end up with a total of 2 extra shots per round once you get the Halfling Slinger form. Later on Ranger Chieftain is my favorite but High-Elven Ranger get the extra shots as well.

This is the form you want to eventually get:

Ranger chieftain

Id: 637 Name: Ranger chieftain p (Symbol p, Color W)
Description: A chieftain among the Rangers. His understanding of nature gives him powerful elemental spells to use against you, in addition to his skills as an archer and a warrior. Furthermore, he is a master of camouflage, so you will need magically enhanced seeing to spot him.
Type: Base Unique: No
HP: 1000 (50d20) AC: 60 Experience: 1800 Speed: 120
Depth: 41 (2050ft) Rarity: 2 Vision: 20 Alertness: 10
Body:
Weight: 1800 Weapons: 1 Torso: 1 Arm: 1 Finger 2 Head: 1 Leg: 1
Objects:
Treasure: 30 Combat: 50 Magic: 20 Tool: 0
Attack methods:
HIT: HURT (5d5)
Spell chance: 1 spell every 3 turns (1_IN_3)
Spells (and breaths, arrows or missiles): (10)
S_MONSTERS ARROW_1 ARROW_3
MISSILE BO_FIRE BO_ELEC
BA_COLD HASTE BLINK
S_ANIMALS
Flags: (22)
MALE INVISIBLE FORCE_SLEEP
FORCE_MAXHP DROP_SKELETON DROP_CORPSE
ONLY_ITEM DROP_2D2 TAKE_ITEM
WILD_WOOD SMART OPEN_DOOR
BASH_DOOR NO_CONF NO_SLEEP
RES_FIRE RES_ELEC RES_COLD
RES_POIS MORTAL BASEANGBAND
HAS_LITE

Ranger Chieftain has a few useful spells including Haste and Blink. As well as base and poison resists, you will also be able to pass through trees.

A huge plus to playing as a mimicry based archer is having access to passwall, probably the best survival ability in the game. I put a few extra points into Mimicry to also have access to the Lesser Black Reaver form. Lesser Black Reavers have the Kill Wall flag, so they tunnel through stone just by walking into it (very useful for building anti-summoning and firing corridors). Finally you will end up with a variety of Immune forms for when you are facing elemental enemies, eg. Red Dragons, cold hounds, etc.

Starting off is pretty easy, just remember to get some phase door scrolls (Calmness takes a while to work, and is not much help early on) then grab yourself a Novice Ranger form. Now you already have 2 shots a turn, get a bow with 2 shots and you start machine gunning things down quickly.
Once you are ready for Mordor, grab a Halfling Slinger form and now you are getting an extra 2 shots per turn. After you have this form Paths of The Dead is a great place to get a passwall form, Death Quasits are usually the easiest to find.

To be able to get all the skills you need to choose High-Elf as your race.

Skills:

Skill_Bow
Spent 128
Total 50

Skill_Mimic
Spent 57
Total 22.80

Skill_Calmness
Spent 60
Total 50

Pros:
Eight Shots a round at level 50 with a good bow
Passwall, Killwall
Immune forms
High-Elves are good at all skills
See Invisible/resist light

Cons:
Ranger Chieftains can be hard to hunt, they look like other rangers and not much different from Paladins, and Ivory monks, look for "p" pits
Low Hp, get a +hp weapon
Unmouseable

Post by Unmouseable »

Slinger-Mimic

This is a build i have been meaning to try, it is pretty much the same skills as the Archer-Mimic/adventurer build, but because it is using a sling i chose mimic instead.

You can choose any race that you want with this one but i suggest a high hp one, i think Ents would be really good their massive Hp will make things a lot easier and stealth items are pretty easy to get.

The forms are in the same order Novice Ranger, Halfling Slinger Ranger Chieftain. Then Death Quasit and eventually Lesser Black Reaver.

Slinger-Mimic

Skill_Sling
Spent 143
Total 50

Skill_Mimic
Spent 24
Total 22.6

Skill_Calmness
Spent 72
Total 50

Pros:
Great HP
Most Shots in the game (9 at max level)
Adds chance for your shots to ricochet, even multiple times, hitting multiple enemies. Note that magic and ethereal ammo fades away
the moment it hits, and never ricochets.
Ranger Chieftains can be hard to hunt, they look like other rangers and not much different from Paladins, and Ivory monks, look for "p" pits
Immunities
Passwall/Killwall
Being an Ent Slinger

Cons:
Bad Stealth
Bad Ranged ability until you skill slings a bit
Ents are slow (with later forms you actually get a small speed boost)
Solanidae

Post by Solanidae »

Here's a runemaster:

http://tomenet.eu/skill_builder.php?b=1 ... -1i1a-1-1i

I skill nexus/nether/mana cause they have the most useful signs. Health is good due to mediocre hit point pool, and a +3 life weapon makes it even more valuable. 20-40 points in Combat allow us to wear heavier armor like DSMs, so we can easily get our AC into the 150-170 range. Runemaster base equipment weight is 22 lbs and each point in combat adds .3 lbs to that. Remaining points can go into sneakiness (or even interception, but that won't be very useful with only 20 points or so into it, would need to max post-king). I think vampire or high elf are the best race because time res is nice when you backlash on haste. Can optionally also consider skilling stealing skill, as runemaster has good ratios for it, but probably can't max pre-morgy.

Ideal gear:

Weapon: 1.5h +3 life weapon
Shield: Avari or Randart with a high block chance
Bow: Whatever gives the best resists/immunities (and maybe speed)
Rings: Speed rings, randarts
Amulets: Devotion or Trickery are both decent choices for speed and a high res
Light Source: If Vampire everburning torch of the everlasting eye is nice and easy to come across, else probably feano lamp
Armor: best DSM you can find, ideally power DSM but those are rare & expensive so balance DSM is an acceptable alternative.
Cloak: Cloaks of Aman give a high res, cloaks of the bat give speed and levitate
Helmet: Iron Crown of Telepathy / Morgy Crown
Gloves: +6 magi gloves are the highest you can attach speed to IIRC, mana isn't that big a deal for us but doesn't hurt to have more.
Boots: +4 or +5 elvenkind with a high resist ideally, regular speed boots are nice too.
Tool: Climbing set is nice in Mordor, useless in Angband. Flint might be good if you use a torch of immunity to auto refill for you

Durability more important than mage staff because Runemaster does not have Istar disruption shield and isn't nearly as mana hungry

Additional protip: mana waving a pit full of loot is an alright way to separate the trash from the goodies if you are poor. Just make sure you don't have it bound to anything you are likely to press, wouldn't want one of those to go off by accident in your house.