/undoskills not working

Bug reports and discussion about bugs.
Tues

/undoskills not working

Post by Tues »

A few days ago I spent some skill points after checking in the guide if I'd be able to undo points assignment. 1-2 minutes after closing 'G' screen I typed ':/undoskills' and was surprised seeing a message saying that no skills can be undone. This was the first time I used /undoskills, and I haven't earned any exp points or logged off between hitting 'G' and doing /undoskills, so according to the guide it should have worked. I wasted 3 skill points on Meta (a big difference for me, as I could get an intrinsic resistance, more damage from fireflash or more speed) and even worse, it didn't change anything (I was hoping for a bigger projection radius at least).
mikaelh
Developer

Re: /undoskills not working

Post by mikaelh »

Tues wrote:I haven't earned any exp points or logged off between hitting 'G' and doing /undoskills
If you logged out between leveling up and pressing 'G', /undoskills won't work. The command only works if you have leveled up after logging in and you have spent some skillpoints.
Tues

Post by Tues »

mikaelh wrote:If you logged out between leveling up and pressing 'G', /undoskills won't work.
I'm almost sure it was right after levelling up. Usually I don't close the client until going to bed and I think I gained two levels that day. Aren't such events logged somewhere?

Anyway, it'd be nice to state in the guide clearly what prevents /undoskills from working. Currently it says that logging off after spending points makes it impossible to undo skills.
mikaelh
Developer

Post by mikaelh »

Tues wrote:I'm almost sure it was right after levelling up. Usually I don't close the client until going to bed and I think I gained two levels that day. Aren't such events logged somewhere?
To be more precise, you actually regained two levels. I think regaining levels doesn't count in this case.
Tues wrote:Anyway, it'd be nice to state in the guide clearly what prevents /undoskills from working. Currently it says that logging off after spending points makes it impossible to undo skills.
It's also technically possible to change how /undoskills works. The current restrictions are there to prevent abuse.