Ranger Bow Targeting

Bug reports and discussion about bugs.
Unmouseable

Ranger Bow Targeting

Post by Unmouseable »

Hello, i am experiencing what i believe is a bug.

I built a ranger putting points into Axe, Interception and Bows, maxing axes and bows first.

Using bows for ranged, and axes for melee works fine up until level 23 when i have 25 points in both axes and bows (when you get an extra attack with axes, and 2nd extra shot with bows)
Then targeting starts acting strangely.

Up until this point pressing the fire at closest monster macro works great (using the macro wizard) either with multiple enemies or using it well running. The macro always stops what i am doing and fires a shot with one button press, i have my macro on F1.

After i get my second extra shot, and extra blow with my sword, pressing the fire macro once selects a target, and i have to press it a second time to fire. I have tried this on large groups and also when running. It now takes 2 presses of the key to actually fire my bow.

At first i thought it might be a bug with skilling axes and bows, but i just created an IDDC ranger with swords/interception/bows and once he hit 25 in those skills he has the same problem.

I have a Rogue skilled with Martial arts/interception/boomerang, and so far she does not have this problem.

Thanks for your time, i reported it ingame but thought i'd be able to explain it better here.
Unmouseable

Re: Ranger Bow Targeting

Post by Unmouseable »

This may have something to do with the ranged attacks having a switching targets tax if they have more than 3 shots a round.

If so it is not working properly, i can no longer fire well moving and stop firing completely when switching targets.

I have tried just holding down the fire macro and it is really slow killing mobs, I have a good bow and can 1 shot lower level mobs but they are all getting to act well the macro targets them, pauses, and then fires, effectively taking twice as long to fire.

Getting one less shot off when switching to another target is an interesting idea (although it's not really fair for crossbow users in my opinion) but having the game stop or pause well targeting will just get people killed

I was killing a lot faster with just 2 shots a round, with no strange target problems then I am now.

For mobs that die in one shot, i was killing them faster with 1 shot per round now that i think of it.