No extra shots in g form? (Arrow_4)

Gameplay related issues.
Asamaguchi

No extra shots in g form? (Arrow_4)

Post by Asamaguchi »

Was it intended for g forms that shoot arrows (ie. Arrow_4 from Drolem and Colossus) to not grant extra shots? I mean, the guide notes that forms that shoot arrows (Arrow_1 Arrow_2 and Arrow_3) all grant extra shots (one or more, depending on cast chance and shooter type), and I was wondering if Arrow_4 was an oversight (since only two forms have it) or if golem (g) forms in general were considered to be bad at shooting and were intended to not grant extra shots (forms of which grant extra shots seem to me to be quite limited at the moment).

I tended to notice in my g hunts (especially during the second of two pits I cleared), that arrows from both the Colossus and Drolem g types proved to be the major form of offense for them (although poison immunity was a factor), so it seems (in my experience at least) that these forms might consistently grant an extra shot to those that mimic them.
C. Blue
Developer

Re: No extra shots in g form? (Arrow_4)

Post by C. Blue »

Albeit named 'ARROW_4' internally in the program code, it's not an arrow the colossus fires, but a 'missile'.

The logical distribution currently is as follows:

ARROW_1: a real 'arrow'
ARROW_2: a shot (for slings, halfling slingers use this for example)
ARROW_3: a bolt (like off crossbows)

ARROW_4: a type of heavy physical projectile that is not related to archery at all.
opl

Re: No extra shots in g form? (Arrow_4)

Post by opl »

IMHO all shooting/throwing forms (colossi and drolems included) should give a bonus shot per round - since they have a form of physical ranged attack. That simple. ;-)