I'd like to never see this again.

Ideas for cool stuff in the future.
Shank

I'd like to never see this again.

Post by Shank »

Just in case you don't notice me, I'm on the top edge hovering over the wall. South west of me is a D. That D is in a no teleport vault. The vault should appear like this.

.###
## ##
#^D^#
##^##
.###

The reason it is broken is because the level design removed most of the walls. I would like to see this type of vault removed from maze levels. In my opinion, I think all no teleport vaults should be removed from maze levels.
PowerWyrm

Re: I'd like to never see this again.

Post by PowerWyrm »

I don't know if it has been fixed or not, but vaults used to be placed regardless of the level layout, leading to ridiculous stuff such as monsters/objects/traps placed on permanent walls or unreachable areas. This looks like the same problem here, but the other way round: the vault is placed first, then the maze is made. Sounds more like a bug to me.
Sav

Post by Sav »

The monsters on walls things has been taken care of. There's still some minor exception that allows mobs and/or items on walls, but it's so rare that i do not even remember how to find them. Maybe it was taken care of as well ages ago.

Notele vaults that are hard to recognize, really are scary. Forcing walls around them or at least having monsters on every square, which for some mysterious reason doesn't happen atm :), would have em easily recognizable. With trap detection, you can also easily identify this as a notele vault, but not everyone always detects traps, and thus they are scary.
C. Blue
Developer

Post by C. Blue »

fixed