Auto Purchase of base items when entering shops

Ideas for cool stuff in the future.
Archma

Auto Purchase of base items when entering shops

Post by Archma »

Not sure if this has come up before but....

Imagine .....
Enter a shop and prompts appear one after the other stating ...
- Do you want to purchase 16 WoR Scrolls. y/n.
- Do you want to purchase 68 Scrolls of Identify. y/n.

And it's all because you inscribed the Scrolls with a number which is the amount you want in your inventory.
Example: WoR !k @R (40) or Identify !k @(99)

I bet the coders could think of better ways but i do think it has merit.
What say you!
mxb2001

Re: Auto Purchase of base items when entering shops

Post by mxb2001 »

Like it.
--
01/01/01
tokariew

Post by tokariew »

it's the best idea for TomeNet, from long time
img {
max-width: 100%;
}
https://tokariew.xyz
Argle

Post by Argle »

I would only request that the item prices be checked prior to purchase so that you don't accidentally load up on supplies while blacklisted, at the black market, or a pstore where they've been marked up beyond a standard store price. Consider the following exploit: I open a store and post a few ID scrolls for $1000. You check my store and, bam, you just bought 10 scrolls for 10k.

Just toss out a little
"These prices seem a little high... "
message to let the play know auto purchase did not activate.
Kurzel

Post by Kurzel »

Inscription could be @P<max buy price><target stock number> to automatically attempt to purchase items in a store you enter that are less than or equal to the <max buy price> until you have <target stock number> of the items in your inventory stack or run out of au. eg. 10 Potions of *Healing* @P<16k><66> to stock up to 66 potions at a 16k or less price rate. There could also be an option to buy non-sale items only, for collections? Maybe with an @P!<><> format. :)

As a bonus for players with audio, perhaps there could also be an option to page or play alert sfx when your inventory @P items fall below a prescribed amount, or upon login if your inventory is depleted?

Edit: Maybe use a new menu similar to the excellent auto-inscription menu '&' to store purchasing information, rather than consume more inscription space?
ShenLong

Post by ShenLong »

Or, you could control the amount of items you wish to have in your inventory thru the use of User Options. If you have an inscription on your items and you have no more, the inscription does you no good. This also could allow for you to determine the specifics before-hand and have them saved to your user preferences.