Mac OSX 10.10.1 Troubleshooting Startup

Discussion about topics that don't fit elsewhere.
Ransom

Mac OSX 10.10.1 Troubleshooting Startup

Post by Ransom »

It's been a little while since I've played, so I felt like it was time to pick it up again. However, upon downloading and unpacking the latest client, I have run into a snag that I lack the technical skill to overcome. I am hoping that someone might point me in the right direction, as I am really missing running a Mimic...

So... here is what my snag is. When I try to start TomeNET.command what I get is this:

Code: Select all

Last login: Mon Dec 29 22:56:11 on ttys000
Ransoms-MacBook-Pro:~ Ransom$ /Users/Ransom/Desktop/TomeNET/TomeNET.command ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/Ransom/Desktop/TomeNET/./binary
  Reason: image not found
logout

[Process completed]
I think the last time I played, I would start up by running a TomeNET.exe file, but I can't remember for sure. I would be grateful for any help at all, as this is one of those games that I just can't stay away from for long. :)

Thanks in advance!
crontab

Re: Mac OSX 10.10.1 Troubleshooting Startup

Post by crontab »

i had to install quartz ( http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/ ) and then, from Applications -> Utilities, run the X11 app. From there, start a new xterm, cd to the .command path, and run the command from inside an xterm.

i'm sure there is an easier way, just haven't had a chance to fuss with it really...
C. Blue
Developer

Re: Mac OSX 10.10.1 Troubleshooting Startup

Post by C. Blue »

Try creating a shell script file that 'cd' into the TomeNET folder and there calls the startup script. So its contents would be these two lines:

cd /path-to-tomenet/
./TomeNET.command

Alternatively, double-click the command file in the file explorer.
I'm using a VM to test/build OSX clients, but I'll maybe do some additional tests at some point regarding this.