Pretty much new! Archer help!

Share your strategies here.
Nirvash

Pretty much new! Archer help!

Post by Nirvash »

Hey there. I've played a bit of TomeNet before but I'm still pretty much brand new. I'm basically looking for a little bit of help as a starting player to make sure I don't end up with a completely useless character and can progress well through the game without much of a hitch. My question is this! I'm looking to play an Archer (Likely human but if you think a different race would be better, then by all means!) I'm just curious where I should be putting my skill points and such over time? I would hate to be mass allocating them into a slot that is useless on my class. I also am considering ranger but I don't really know the difference. Any help would be majorly appreciated! Thank you!
PowerWyrm

Re: Pretty much new! Archer help!

Post by PowerWyrm »

An archer mainly relies on his (or her) shooter. Everything else is extra. So you will skill the corresponding mastery (Sling/Bow/Crossbow), Archery, Calmness (to avoid monsters from preventing you to shoot), then after that Sneakiness (for extra speed) and Stealth. If you choose a weak race (like Hobbit for slinger or Gnome for crossbow), then feel free to skill Health as you see fit.

Consider registering for Dungeon Keeper events until you win one. It's the quickest way to get an amazing shooter at start (my latest bow archer started with a long bow of numenor (x4) (+27, +28), which is mostly an endgame shooter).