I want to play a End Game after Morgoth ...

Share your strategies here.
Archma

I want to play a End Game after Morgoth ...

Post by Archma »

Nether Realm is only 15 odd levels away woot, now how to get there ?

If someone wanted to make a level 50+ character what would be a good choice ?
What should we NOT do !!! What is recommended ? What is your favourite build ?
Share the Knowledge ><
Archma

Re: I want to play a End Game after Morgoth ...

Post by Archma »

I have noticed that a character online at the moment is level 62 and can cast maia gate spell. Please help with the name arghhh ... sry.

Anyways if I'm correct then the character is a Corrupted Maia Runemaster thats pwn's ?
Which in so saying must be a very capable Race/Class/Build and successful.
Argle

Post by Argle »

Maia are very capable. Enlightened get a spell that teleports the entire party to the surface, so don't count them out. Emperor Lucid is an Enlightened Runemaster. They also give 2.0 modifiers to priests for the holy schools, while a corrupted would offer little of value to the class. The overall benefits of Enlightened vs Corrupted vary by class, but both grant some good ranged spells (Power bolt/ray/blast) to classes that may otherwise not have any, or provide an alternative damage type (light/mana/nether) to a build that may be limited in this regard. Ex: A Elec / Force runie wont have reliable access to non-electricity attacks for a while, but once they hit 20* they can fall back on their maia spells if the targets resist electricity. *(Some (all?) Maia spells are also electricity based until you hit 20)

Non-maia Runies are also very capable. If you don't know your class very well, and are playing UW, I would recommended using races that are easier to level. Gnome runies, for example, level up very fast by comparison. Maia have excellent stats and intrinsic abilities, but coupled with their XP penalty the race represents both a crutch and a hindrance to learning a class's core dynamics.
Kurzel

Post by Kurzel »

You might be thinking of Sciron? ^^ (corrupted/mimic/spells)

As for Nether Realm, it seems most feasible in a party of /at least/ 2 well-geared players, and would likely require long attention spans and quick coordination from among the group.

General Recommendations for Builds (End Game):
High damage output is a must for end game characters, melee is my favourite method of achieving this so far, as it also allows for interception of healing on Nether Guards.
High hit points, blocking, stealth, managing summons, immunities or some other method to limit or survive burst damage from groups of high level mobs while in open combat is probably a requirement.
Probabalistic methods for achieving the above (ie. crits, blocking, stealth, large fields of sealed \/\/\/\/\ to make teleports safer ~~) also seem fine, as long as the chance of death from the attempt is ~0%.

General Recommendations for Diving (End Game):
Not being in the open / summon management. Even if the level is clear of mobs, a Q or other summoner could spawn nearby, get into your LoS, and start a chain summon of hi_whatever on you.
Z packs or other breathers/shooters may get stuck behind terrain or sleeping mobs, possibly offscreen, leading to instant maximized burst damage from the group if you come into LoS.
Try not to fight things that will swap/teleport/phase you into a bad position. Landing in the above positions via teleport, gravity breath, or what have you will lead to death if you can't escape.

If you wanted to make a character to party with me in NR, I recommend an Enlightened Paladin:
Lvl 50;[Combat/Weaponmastery/Sword/Interception/Support/Astral:50]
If you wanted to make a character to prepare youself for NR diving (ie. generate loot, practice concepts), I recommend a Yeek Istar:
Lvl 50;[Fire/Temporal:50][Spell-power:42][Mana:40.9][Divination:40][Udun:35.2][Earth:32][Mind:30.4][Conveyance:6.4]
Lvl 64;[Mana/Fire/Conveyance/Temporal/Udun/Mind/Spell-power:50][Divination:40][Earth:32]
If you do both at the same time, you can buy/sell more efficiently based on race, which should make sinking your au into art scrolls slightly less tiresome.

Good luck!