I'm heading to Nether Realm ...

Share your strategies here.
Archma

I'm heading to Nether Realm ...

Post by Archma »

It's hard to soar with the eagle's when you are forced to peck scraps with the turkey's. Only one place left ...

- I know its north of Bree with a depth of -8300 to -9800.

What do you Know? What to watch out for? What can i expect? What items are needed?
What resistances are recommended? What will kill me the most?
Whats the main Uniques Bosses that can spawn or I need to kill?
Share the Knowledge ><

Who has actually been to the Nether Realm?
Who was the first person to enter Nether Realm in Tomenet History?
When was the last time Nether Realm was entered and by whom?
Any stories about Nether Realm?
Kurzel

Re: I'm heading to Nether Realm ...

Post by Kurzel »

What do you Know? Great fun in parties, even greater fun solo, if you have the gear.
What to watch out for? Possibility for burst damage builds over time (through spawns, summons, bad stealth, loss of cover).
What can i expect? Open vaults, arena type levels, high breath damage, high resilience in mobs.
What items are needed? Great dps and survival items if solo, lots of consumables if you plan to dive at all.
What resistances are recommended? Everything. Immunities are very useful too...
What will kill me the most? Breath damage. Runner up is maybe melee from heavy hitters like N,A,U,W,D or teleportation attacks.
Whats the main Uniques Bosses that can spawn or I need to kill? It helps to kill Tik'srvzllat first. http://www.tomenet.net/screenshots.php?id=27
Who has actually been to the Nether Realm? I have! DeathGod is the only other EL I know of that has. Any UW Emperor has probably dove there.
Who was the first person to enter Nether Realm in Tomenet History? Dunno, maybe Virus or Sav? =D
When was the last time Nether Realm was entered and by whom? Sciron was maybe the most recent EL @ about 6 months ago?
Any stories about Nether Realm? Vengeance can be used to sweep NR levels if you go about it without instantly poufing. ;)
Raxxster

Re: I'm heading to Nether Realm ...

Post by Raxxster »

I used to xp in older NR with Flame and Chef back in the days. Cross Chef was xbow mimiarcher, RaxxIV was hobbit slinger and Flame (aka deathgod) played as istari. Nowadays you prolly cant wall or glyph there, so it's way more dangerous. Good xp and pretty fun stuff though. We also fought the hellraiser together with Flame, bet he got the kill while I used exploding randart shot shooting x behind corner.

U packs used to be great xp and loot, but prolly too scary these days.

A wraith dsm was a must.

Code: Select all

#############
#####;;;.........
##@;;;;;.....UUUU
##@;;;;;.....UUUU
##U;;;;;......UUU
#####;;;..........
##############