I'm heading to Orc Caves ...

Share your strategies here.
Archma

I'm heading to Orc Caves ...

Post by Archma »

I'm pumped, I'm soo over Training Tower, I have pumped up abit in Barrow Down under Bree ... I want to go to Orc Caves (OC)

- I know its 34,29 which is south-east of Bree with a depth of -500 to -1150.
- I know there are Orcs ;>
- I've seen people go to OC at a very low level.
- There are block groupings of Orcs.
- Ive seen people enter with a dagger in their teeth and a bandana like rambo.
- Can get away with FA/Fear/Confusion at the start but base resists by the end.
- Gnome mage (Symbol h, Color R) Hurt.

What do you Know? What to watch out for? What can i expect? What items are needed?
What resistances are recommended? What will kill me the most?
Whats the main Uniques Bosses that can spawn or I need to kill?
Share the Knowledge ><
Argle

Re: I'm heading to Orc Caves ...

Post by Argle »

All the Wormtongue, golum, robin hood, all the unique Orcs and Yeeks and lesser uniques spawn here under normal conditions. Ant Queen, icky Queen and some special Os and Ts may show up too. As always, beware 'dangerous' and 'terrifying ' feelings.

Watch out for death swords (which look like swords), and red, pink, and purple "h"s. These are dark elf mages ( mana bolt, nasty poison), gnome mages (teleport, summoning), and dark elf warlocks ( nether bolt). They are fragile things, but pack a punch. In groups they can drop the heartiest of warriors in as single volley.

Also beware Q's. This may be the first place you see them, and they will summon all manner of horrors on you. They are even more frail and pathetic than the h's, but you would do well to react quickly and decisively at the sudden appearance of a lone Q.
Argle

Post by Argle »

It is possible to go right from the TT to OC. It is by no means safe, and this depends heavily on class.

High burst or ranged damage and the ability to flee are key to suriviving your first few group encounters, but in 30 minutes or less you'll be level 15+ (or dead) and it's smooth sailing from there. Or as smooth as anyone can hope to ever sail in Tomenet.
tangar

Post by tangar »

Don't miss a scary hobbit there who though could treat you with a delicious food. What is the most delicious dish for a hobbit? I don't wanna make a spoiler here hehe. So if you could find this hobbit, you would solve who is it and which food he got hehe!

--

It seems hobbit could be met not only there. But anyway :)
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz