EL+non-EL

Ideas for cool stuff in the future.
opl

EL+non-EL

Post by opl »

Once again, I ask why can't we merge the EL and non-EL societies in one by enabling people to share EL and non-EL equipments. There's not many people playing TomeNET and further division the number by approximately 2 is quite... irrational. What does it help by not allowing people to party with each other or disabling the item interchange? UWs would be still UWs, normals would be still normals, ELs would be still ELs. Why to force restrictions with group to interact with each other? Cause of cheeze? If yes, I ask what cheeze.

I know it's an old thing, but it still bothers me, as most time there's no one to party with or no one with the item for sale that I could use at the moment.
mikaelh
Developer

Re: EL+non-EL

Post by mikaelh »

One reason for keeping everlasters separate is to prevent them from gaining access to non-everlasting items. Everlasters have an infinite amount of lives, and they usually need new items after each death. If everlasters were allowed to trade freely with non-everlasters, they could consume a lot items that were originally non-everlasting. That wouldn't be fair because everlasting is the easiest mode to play.