I believe that my 1-bit tileset is pretty perfect in terms of 'reading' gameplay situation. But new players (or 'potential' players) more likely to try TomeNET with 'graphics, so I think that main puprose of tileset repair - TomeNET (and also MAngband/PWMangband, we all - one family) popularization, so more people would be able to get into the game.
Lightman proposed this plan...
And so far we made some progress with creating 'database' for 1-bit tileset: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing This database should be updated (or even reformed) I suppose.. cause I edited it manually for 1-bit tileset updates. Maybe previous version from this topic could be used.Lightman wrote: ↑Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:13 pm1) upload monster and item text files into proper databases
2) identify items without a tile
3) List required tiles by what the items look like in ascii. eg. D=dragon Z=hound
4) Get the required images from a free online tile set with a reasonable license agreement.
5) paste the images across
6) assign the missing images to their monsters and items
7) test. release. upload. get help from user community
8) diversify images. dragon needs greener version and redder version etc.
9) offer as an enhancement to the dev team
Guys, please help to repair it