Runemaster Tiles inscribed @Qaa

Gameplay related issues.
mxb2001

Runemaster Tiles inscribed @Qaa

Post by mxb2001 »

I tried that and I don't think it works like it does for mage spells? It doesn't seem to fall back on melee auto-retaliation. Quite difficult for playing a runemaster. You have to manually bump monster to hit them when you are out of or low on mana (or fail rate has gone past 60% perhaps).

Any ideas on how to deal with this problem?
--
01/01/01
Argle

Re: Runemaster Tiles inscribed @Qaa

Post by Argle »

Try @O not @Q, assuming that wasn't a typo. Alternate suggestion:

@O is the same as @Oaa in that it triggers a minimized burst of X.
mxb2001

Post by mxb2001 »

[quote="Argle"]Try @O not @Q, assuming that wasn't a typo. Alternate suggestion:

@O is the same as @Oaa in that it triggers a minimized burst of X.[/quote]

I was using O but I want it to fall back to melee like it is supposed to with Q. I also was using @Oa as a shortcut, didn't realize @O worked too. Trivial though, probably better to write it out full to aid memory when switching characters. :)
--
01/01/01
Argle

Post by Argle »

Oh, didn't realize there was such an inscription . I never melee as a runie, so I just assumed you meant a burst spell.
mxb2001

Post by mxb2001 »

[quote="Argle"]Oh, didn't realize there was such an inscription . I never melee as a runie, so I just assumed you meant a burst spell.[/quote]

Never melee? I suppose if you walk around a corner and are surrounded by a dozen o's you phase or tele out? I'm still working on being less stubborn and escaping more. (Feels like cheating to me <grin>)
--
01/01/01
Argle

Post by Argle »

I 'melee', just not with a weapon. "Burst" is the Runie melee-ranged spell-type. You're just casting instead of swinging a sword. Costs less than a bolt spell, easier to cast, and I think it's faster too.

It's good stuff, and certain rune combos will give it a small AOE effect. I highly recommend it. @O auto retliates with it.