[critical] Keys doesn't works; need to push it several times

Bug reports and discussion about bugs.
Lightman

Re: [critical] Keys doesn't works; need to push it several times

Post by Lightman »

Finally, please don't leave. We need you.
ArtDrake

Post by ArtDrake »

I've had a similar problem, but minus the beeps -- it's as if my teleport macro gets "sticky" sometimes, always in combat, despite the fact that it's the standard macro-wizard macro that includes a ')' to cancel buffered actions. These days, I have to mash my macro something fierce to get it to 'take' if my character's fighting. There's no indication that something's gone wrong when it fails (like the staff activation failure message); it's like the input is just being ignored. (This is with teleport staves).
Last edited by ArtDrake on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lightman

Post by Lightman »

Don't forget that teleport staffs have a failure chance.
C. Blue
Developer

Post by C. Blue »

You could try out the "test client", link is on the bottom of the downloads page.
It only contains the "TomeNET.exe" file which you have to overwrite in place, ie in the actual TomeNET installation folder, which usually (if you used the installer's default location) is "C:\Program Files (x86)\TomeNET".

Likewise, if you are already using the test client and experiencing the trouble with it, try reverting to the normal client.

I don't have more tips for now, since this issue remains a mystery for the time being. What would be interesting if you could try TomeNET on a different PC with a plain environment, ie without any helper tools regarding streaming/windowing/macros, and see if the issue still persists. We have not received any info/reports from any other player yet regarding this, unfortunately, and still haven't reproduced it.
tokariew

Post by tokariew »

watched the istar death near P pit and i think you start looking around level with L key and when you are doing this macro don't work. The tomenet will beep too if you are Looking around lvl and try to use a macro. The later beeps are probably low hp warnings.
It's even visible that you look around, yellow rectangle bellow message area, when is beeping
img {
max-width: 100%;
}
https://tokariew.xyz
Lightman

Post by Lightman »

Sometimes you can still get Internet lag, even these days.
Lightman

Post by Lightman »

Another thing that could reduce response could be inscribing items with !X - I think the auto ID takes a turn to execute and in deep dungeons a turn can seem like a long time.
tangar

Post by tangar »

Thank for warm words, guys :D

I'll try to play at different computer... But it's just very sad to die not cause of my error, but cause of bug. It's the first time in TomeNET when I died not because my stupidity or wrong reaction, but cause of in-game error - all previous deaths was 100% fair and this death - not. For now I'm still not ready to step over it, I need some time to heal my 'soul wounds' :oops:

tokariew wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:34 pm watched the istar death near P pit and i think you start looking around level with L key and when you are doing this macro don't work. The tomenet will beep too if you are Looking around lvl and try to use a macro. The later beeps are probably low hp warnings.
It's even visible that you look around, yellow rectangle bellow message area, when is beeping
Nope, as you could see and hear, I had 2 beeps while I pushed tele-scrolls just after I entered 'P' lvl. Also the same bug is visible in my second video when I trying to take items from the floor and key doesn't work.
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz
Lightman

Post by Lightman »

I died over the weekend trying to teleport out of a no-tele vault.
Lightman

Post by Lightman »

Died again when my teleportation scrolls got burnt up.