Potions In Traps

Gameplay related issues.
Unmouseable

Potions In Traps

Post by Unmouseable »

Hi all, my name is Spider in game. I started a Gnome trapper named Shrike recently, and am having a blast. Currently leveling magic device, dodge, trapping, conveyance and Divination. So far its really fun Rods do good damage, and i bought a really nice Crossbow from Anonymous and next dive found a randart bolt :)

So finally to the point of my thread, traps do really nice damage, and with cloaking it adds a layer of strategy to killing tough monsters. Clearing out a vault, placing your own traps in it and then luring a unique inside is just so satisfying. I think i can probably take on most mobs with a bit of careful planning, but iv'e been theorycrafting how to kill the big D's and uniques, The Destroyer, Serpent etc. or if i ever make it to Morgoth (very unlikely :) it seems the most viable trap available would be armed with potions of death or Detonations, now my big concern here is the very likely chance of an explosion in my inventory.

Now i see in the guide that fire and ice can destroy potions, so with a bit of luck i can eventually get immunities to those, the one i'm concerned about is Impact. Is there any way to prevent this from blowing up my potions while carrying them? do ego potions exist?. If not would a potion case be possible? kind of like the tarpaulin but protecting potions from shattering.

Or how about trapping at level 50 protects potions from being shattered in your inventory? kind of makes sense they are experts at handling extremely dangerous traps after all, being able to handle explosive materials would make sense.

Thanks for all your hard work on an amazing game.
C. Blue
Developer

Re: Potions In Traps

Post by C. Blue »

Impact-based attacks (impact hound breath) will not harm your inventory. Make sure you also have feather falling, or falling through a trap door might shatter a potion or two - oops.
However, a special mixed type attack are rockets (and detonations/inferno, but monsters cannot cast these), which can cause 'impact' harm to your inventory if you don't resist both, shards and sound!
Good point bringing up impact damage though, I added this information to the guide now.
Unmouseable

Re: Potions In Traps

Post by Unmouseable »

Thank you very much for your reply, said it in game, but i shall do so again here :)