How to make an Admin char?

Gameplay related issues.
jagex lawyer

How to make an Admin char?

Post by jagex lawyer »

I am curious as to how one would create an admin character. My brother and I would love to be able to validate our characters while playing offline.
mikaelh
Developer

Re: How to make an Admin char?

Post by mikaelh »

If your server is running on Linux, you can use the accedit tool to toggle the admin flag (and any other flags). By default, the first account on a server will be an admin. You can then use the /makeadmin command in-game to make more admins.
jagex lawyer

Post by jagex lawyer »

Ok cool. My second question is how one might use their admin to validate other characters created after the admin. I have tried to use /validate (char name), but all it says is that the character is not found!?
the_sandman
Developer

Post by the_sandman »

jagex lawyer wrote:Ok cool. My second question is how one might use their admin to validate other characters created after the admin. I have tried to use /validate (char name), but all it says is that the character is not found!?

/validate works on account names. You can use accedit too for this.
Sirioh

Post by Sirioh »

Are there any convenient lists of the game-accessible admin commands (that is, for server admins/DM characters)? Even if it's just a source/code file that defines them.
C. Blue
Developer

Post by C. Blue »

Sirioh wrote:Are there any convenient lists of the game-accessible admin commands (that is, for server admins/DM characters)? Even if it's just a source/code file that defines them.
There is no list, but all slash commands, for users and admins, are in src/server/slash.c.
Handle with care, some can damage the server save file and other things if used incorrectly. Not all of them perform sanity checks on your inputs.
tokariew

Post by tokariew »

spamming morgoth in bree will couse server to panick for example ;)
img {
max-width: 100%;
}
https://tokariew.xyz
Sirioh

Post by Sirioh »

C. Blue wrote:
Sirioh wrote:Are there any convenient lists of the game-accessible admin commands (that is, for server admins/DM characters)? Even if it's just a source/code file that defines them.
There is no list, but all slash commands, for users and admins, are in src/server/slash.c.
Handle with care, some can damage the server save file and other things if used incorrectly. Not all of them perform sanity checks on your inputs.
That should be perfect, thank you. I figured it was something simple like that but I was lazy enough to ask :-p.

It's easy enough to figure out from the source what's valid, and I can always play around on a separate copy/instance of my server if I'm still unclear how a command works.