[suggestion] /resetskills command - reset skills for gold

Ideas for cool stuff in the future.
tangar

[suggestion] /resetskills command - reset skills for gold

Post by tangar »

With almost every new update, some skills beign changed and it would be nice to have possibility to reset it. Currently it's possible, but it's made by admins; but they are not always around and it's not good to take their time from game development to solving our, players issues.

Also sometimes you could make a mistake by putting points into wrong skills - I ruined like this 3-4 chars and had to create them from scratch (when /undoskills was too late or already used).

I suggest add command /resetskills , which is available for each character for some fee. Let's this fee would be level based and cost more and more with each lvl (exponential function). EX: to reset skills for lvl 10 char - it would cost 50k; lvl 50 - 3m. Also maybe add one free skill reset every Christmas? :D (not stackable).

So it would also make game economy more healthy - cause of gold would be removed from players.

Problems:
1) cheezing. players would use different 'builds' for different lvl brackets. So for getting till 30 it would be one build, then another.
Solution: make skill reset expensive, so people would think twice before doing so
2) cheezing rogue-thief. In TomeNET it's special challenge - to lvl thief character; cause with putting skills to 'stealing' it's much harder to play.
Solution: make it not possible to lvl up 'stealing' after skill reset.
3) IDDC cheezing with skill-resets would ruin idea of challenge
Solution: forbid skill resetting in IDDC (it's ironman's after all, has to be hard?)

@ tavern
Tangar's tileset, addon, guides & maps: English TomeNET page ||||||| Russian TomeNet page
http://youtube.com/GameGlaz — streams in English // http://youtube.com/StreamGuild — streams in Russian
My chars @ angband.oook.cz