How to apply config changes to server?

Discussion about topics that don't fit elsewhere.
darkziel

How to apply config changes to server?

Post by darkziel »

I edited tomenet.cfg but the changes doesn't seem to appear on the server, is there anything else that needs to be done for the changes to take effect?
mikaelh
Developer

Re: How to apply config changes to server?

Post by mikaelh »

Make sure you edited the correct file and that the file is in the right place. The server config file is under lib/config in recent releases. The server also needs to be restarted for the changes to take effect.
darkziel

Post by darkziel »

it still does nothing, as if the server is not getting any config info from the file on lib/config
if the tomenet.cfg file is doing nothing then which file is providing the config info? does the server comes with a backup default?
mikaelh
Developer

Post by mikaelh »

The server configuration is read from lib/config/tomenet.cfg. There is no other source.

Which settings were you trying to change? I think there may be some options which are actually ignored by the server.
darkziel

Post by darkziel »

maybe that's the cause, just for checking i changed 2 options easy to test, the running speed and the lvl for dropping items. none of them worked D:
i'm trying to change the party exp modifier, but i have no way to test if it works
mikaelh
Developer

Post by mikaelh »

I checked those two options and the server should respect both of them. I'm not really sure why they're not working for you.

Which platform is the server running on? Is it Windows or Linux?
darkziel

Post by darkziel »

i'm running the server on debian, it has no problems besides not being able to configure so far.