Insanity!

Discussion about topics that don't fit elsewhere.
Kilzfire

Insanity!

Post by Kilzfire »

So I was around level 26 or so. Doing very well. And had a couple deaths lost all my gear. So I reequipped and went back in for the 2nd time. I did notice that one of the my stats was yellow and it said Weird as opposed to Sane.

Now this character is a endless re-spawning character. I went into 50ft Mordor and took one step from the staircase and hit a trap. This trap....made me go insane and I died from Insanity. That's all fine and good. But I was a endless re-spawn character?

No it was a perma-death and the character is gone forever. No ghost no options.

Can anyone explain what in the hell happened?
tokariew

Re: Insanity!

Post by tokariew »

You died from insanity… this is one of few perma deaths for everlasting chars, other is for example dying on lvl with Morgy, you can die anywhere on lvl with morgy and it's perma. The same is when your sanity go to 0, your char turn to vegetable, so no other option to continue fighting.

when you don't have full sanity, you will get a flashbacks, and you will see random monster instead this on lvl, random monster anywhere on lvl. You can't find aim spells, probably shoot too.

So you should always before going to any dungeon heal your sanity with potion of cure sanity. Sanity will not heal, so you should use pots to restore it.
More or less here: https://tomenet.eu/guide.php?chapter=6.6
Yellow stat mean it was drained, you can wait for it to restore naturally or restore with potion of restore stat
img {
max-width: 100%;
}
https://tokariew.xyz
Kilzfire

Post by Kilzfire »

Finding this to be a ever increasing problem. Why are these potions not available in the shops or am I not understanding something?

A short fight with a Mind attack monster and my character is 50% perma-dead from one attack to the mind.

Is there a way to resist this type of attack? My character is currently 12 WIS but at this point I have to wait for another player to come around and heal my mind which seems broken given servers could be very low to no population at any given time in the life cycle of a server.
tokariew

Post by tokariew »

The potions of cure insanity can appear probably in black market shop. You can probably buy a few option at players stores, nowadays.
Certain class and race resist mind attack, you can get resist from some skills. Don't sure if items can provide mind resistance.
keep in mind that this method only reduce DMG.

You don't need to fight with everything on TomeNet. Sometimes running away is only option.
Last edited by tokariew on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
img {
max-width: 100%;
}
https://tokariew.xyz
Lightman

Post by Lightman »

Important to max out wisdom stat.
Zil

Post by Zil »

Yeah, with 10 wisdom you can get insane really fast, but with maxed out wisdom you will not get under "weird" if you don't fight with sanity draining monster for ages. And sanity restoring pots drop fairly often at deeper levels.